Sunday 13 November 2011

Feedback from a recent performance

The following extract is from a school news paper produced shortly after we had performed at the school it gives an insight in the children's perception of the event. Whilst this is not suitably focused to use as data for my inquiry it does give a flavour of the issues I am inquiring into and gives me some very useful ideas for the questionnaires.


"On Thursday 29th Sep- tember 2011 a show took place. A group of 3 called IMAGE (Verity Evans, David Brewis and Jude De bont) came to do a show called The Happy Prince. It was a participa- tion show meaning that everyone (including teachers) sang along. Some people got picked out of the audience to have a small role. Every- one enjoyed themselves and sang along even if
they don’t normally sing.
We interviewed the crew. First up was Verity who commented. “I love working with children, it’s a lot of fun. I love act- ing and singing and we have a lot of fun. Also we live together, which is a lot of fun too. I did get nervous when I started but now we’ve done a lot of performances we just have fun. My favourite part is when I give the sapphires to the match
girl.”
We then interviewed David. “It’s lots of fun working with children because everyone says
different things. Acting and singing are some of the many things I love. My cast mates are lots of fun. No, I never get nerv- ous. My favourite part is when all the gold comes
off.”
Lastly we interviewed Jude. “It’s really fun working with children but every day is different because kids are unpre- dictable. I love acting and singing I’ve done it since I was three years old. We have lots of fun together performing and at home. Sometimes I get a bit nervous before the show. I like the part where I’m
the spoilt girl.
We then interviewed the kids in our school that had a role. Firstly we spoke to Caitlin Thorley. “I love acting it’s the best. I wasn’t nervous one bit. I didn’t like my character it just
wasn’t me.” Next we interviewed
Ebony . “I loved helping out. I wasn’t nervous at all. Yes I loved my role, it was very
easy.”
Then we interviewed James . When we asked him if he enjoyed acting he replied. ”Very much I do.” We then asked if he was nervous he said. “No not at all.” Finally we asked if he liked his role he answered. “No - I was hoping I was going to get the Happy Prince but that was the adult’s
part.”
We asked 3 people from the audience Morgan,Lewis
and Mrs Atkins. The first question we asked Morgan was What song did you most enjoy? She replied “The froggy song (The warm up)” The next question was who wasyour favourite character? She said
James because he was funny. The last question was would you like IMAGE to do another play? Morgan answers “Yes because they are very talented.” Next we interviewed
Lewis. For the first question (all the questions are the same for all the audience we interviewed) Lewis answered “The angry song because the woman kept making funny faces.” Then for the next question he answered the happy prince because he was very happy and jolly it was a shame he died in the play. Lastly when we asked him would you like IMAGE to do an- other play he replied “Hopefully but is sad that we will not be here next year to watch them if they do
decide to perform again.”
Last but not least we interviewed Mrs Atkins. For the first question she answered “The angry song because that was the only song I joined in with.” Then she replied the swallow because it did some very nice thing to help. Finally we asked her the last question and she told us “Yes I would love them to come and perform again be- cause it is very entertaining for the
children.”
We all enjoyed watching The Hap- py Prince and hope they will come again next year and the following
years to come. By Chloe and Georgia."

No comments:

Post a Comment