Monday 5 March 2012

Module 3 Campus session 1st March

On attending the campus session for module 3 I had managed to gather my thoughts in order of where to move forward in the module, and what time scale I had to undertake to ensure all parts were completed in time for the May submission. Paula ran the session and we had a very useful and in depth discussion about where I currently was in the process, how my inquiry related to my inquiry plan, deadlines for drafts and the importance of blogging and receiving feedback from my peers about my inquiry process.
  
We then went on to an exercise writing down keywords of our inquiry in bold on a large piece of paper, this exercise was valuable as it forced us to notice the important words and put down our thoughts in our head down onto paper which sometimes proves a difficult thing to connect. After we had completed the keyword exercise we presented our inquiry title to the other members of the course and spoke about the focus groups and our professional networks, for example Middlesex university would be a significant one for all of us. This part of the morning really help me as I felt by explaining and answering questions on your own inquiry, made it easier for you yourself to fully understand and maybe go away and tweak things that weren't made so clear for others.
  
In the final hour we got to grips with the understanding of the Professional Artefact and went on to explore possible Artefacts such as power points, videos,  posters, books and many more. The Artefact is a product that relates to what you have found from doing your inquiry. To help us decide on the Artefact that would be most suited to our inquiry we answered a few important questions such as:

  • Who will be taking part in the Inquiry?
  • Who will the Artefact be aimed at and why?
  • Who will it benefit most?
  • How will you share or demonstrate your Artefact?
  • What might you show that can benefit your career progression and make others aware and give a better understanding of what you do in your professional practise?
We finished off the campus session by discussing the draft/writing up process about structuring what we have found out in our inquiry and the use of critical thinking. I left the campus session feeling excited and clearer about moving forward in module 3, the campus session was a positive experience all round!

2 comments:

  1. Verity I found the campus very useful as well, hope we will be given an extra one as they really help me clear my mind on what I should do next...let's keep in touch with our inquiries as confrontation and interventions (like during the campus) makes so much difference that going along on our own. :)
    Nice meeting you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great overview of the Campus session, Verity. Thank you for sharing it so quickly,
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete