Thursday 15 March 2012

Interviews where I'm at.....

I have just finished conducting my interviews with both of my focus groups cast members and teachers. As advised by Adesola due to limited time I arranged a couple of lengthier interviews with teachers in advance. This approach was to ensure I could collect sufficient and valuable data, if I hadn't booked a slot prior to our theatre companies visit it would have proved difficult with the teachers time constraints. I was lucky enough to obtain an interview with a teacher that gave up an hour of her own time to speak to me and help me answer my burning questions, she was keen to express her thoughts and gave me so much important material regarding the National Curriculum and it's expectations in conjunction with Drama and the Arts. I learnt a great deal on the preparation the school goes through prior to a companies visit, and the type of follow up work the children do post performance. I was particularly interested in how the drama cross references to other academic subjects such as History, English Literature, Art and Music. Another teacher I interviewed gave me some really useful insights to the Drama Level Descriptors and Drama objectives taken from literacy framework. I will be reviewing and analysing all the material I have been given and use the data to aid my inquiry. When interviewing my other cast members I asked questions about what could be developed and improved upon when taking a show to a school and whether they thought it is an important part of education incorporating theatre into learning and a number of other focused questions. Overall I'm really happy with the response I've had from the interviewees and thankful for their eagerness to participate. I'm feeling positive and excited to move forward with the inquiry. I feel I am already developing a better sense of how my inquiry links to my existing work and fits into the next steps in my chosen career path.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment