Wednesday 9 February 2011

Group meeting 8th Feb 2011

I was apprehensive to what the morning session was going to involve. I had no idea who I was going to be working with or the background of my advisors. I was most definitely put at ease when I saw my advisor from the current week for my induction there Rosemary. We individually introduced ourselves to the rest of the lectures and course members, I found this very interesting finding out others reasons for doing the course and what they intended to do with the end qualification. We went on to play a game where there was one person in the centre of the circle and had to announce a statement about web 2 tools and if you shared the same opinion you go up and swapped seats this always left one person in the middle. I found this game beneficial as not only did I learn other peoples personalities I also learnt some key facts about web 2 without even realising it! Afterwards we went straight into a debate about The social network which I found this most interesting we all came to our own conclusion on wether we thought it was a positive or negative thing in our society today. We moved on to the main activity of the session, this was to devise a powerpoint on different web 2 tools and the pros and cons of each. As a group we discussed our views and jotted down the most relevant arguments. We then choose one tool each to develop and make a slide, which had to contain solid evidence to support our statements or use our own expriences to argue our case. I found this extremely useful as I had never used power point before this session so I got the opportunity to develop a new skill. We concluded the session by summarising the highlights of the mornings events, this was filmed and gave us a chance to voice our own experiance of what we had learnt. I found I was more confident in the course having taken part in the group meeting. I feel I am on track and understand the tasks for this term and how to tackle them. I could only see attending the session as a positive experiance.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing up you experience at the session. It was great to meet you
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete