Monday 24 October 2011

Task 4b

I am considering carrying out my enquiry on the importance of theatre in education. My decision will be influenced by finding one or two other course members, who would like to do something similar so that we can form a SIG.
It seems to me that this identifying other members of the course for a “SIG” is a high priority. Will anyone who is considering choosing a business issue in the performing arts area as their enquiry project please respond so that we can exchange more detailed information about our plans.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Verity - although I am working in theatre I have not chosen to look at theatre in education I'm afraid. If no one is doing exactly the same topic as you I don't think you should let that stop you pursuing the line of inquiry that you want though. The SIGs that have been created about Dance in Education are probably still really useful and I'm sure you could benefit from joining in with those discussions on facebook. No one is looking at the same inquiry line as me either, which is slightly disappointing as it makes life a bit harder when it comes to the SIGs...but I am trying to get around it by finding people to interact with outside the course, as well as sharing ideas with the BAPP students. Don't feel limited by the interests of our group - follow what you are passionate about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie- i've thought it through and I am passionate about this topic and therefore feel I can express a lot of thoughts and interest and find others that do too. I have just set up a facebook group and have already had a private response from a drama teacher expressing his thoughts on the importance of theatre in education. This has left me feeling confident that I will gain some feedback even if it is a limited amount. I have like you found people to interact with outside the course that will be equally relevant to my research. I've started off by emailing school teachers and speaking to performers currently working in theatre in education this should allow me to gain sufficient feedback to help me with my professional inquiry.

    ReplyDelete